Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I'm looking at this morning

Some simple techinicals on SPX I'm eying:




Pre mkt, SPX was well above 1150, which led me to believe we would stick in a range between 1150 and 1190.  However, futures sliced through technical support as Euro banks starting getting crushed, some down 10%.  The DAX rolled over from positive to down 3%.  So when the US market opened, we were back to the 1129-1150 range, which I've been watching for days.

There's a possible descending wedge forming right now.  Because we continue to hold 1129 area, I believe we break to the upside and test 1150, so I'm currently holding my only position FCX, which I picked up at 43.79 this morning.  It's holding nicely as gold continues to outperform. 

Here are my real time tweets which correspond to the chart above (click to see details):

1. 9:51 am

 
2. 10:19 am






3. 10:31 am






This turned out to be a preemptive call.  Failed break out of the first descending trend line so I added the second (higher) trend line which is creating the descending wedge.

4. 10:57 am






It's 11:43 am and we still haven't broken either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment